Home Energy Rewards - Program Rules and Eligibility
These terms (Agreement) govern your participation in the Home Energy Rewards program (Program) and are subject to change.
Franklin Energy, under contract with PG&E, is offering the Home Energy Rewards program to select PG&E customers. The Program is funded by an energy efficiency surcharge added to the utility bills of PG&E's customers and operates under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission.
Home Energy Rewards is an energy efficiency program designed to help PG&E customers identify energy-saving opportunities in their homes and take action to better manage their energy usage. As a program enrollee (Participant), Participant will be provided with information and services by Franklin Energy.
Participant will be required to actively participate in the Program for two years after the official enrollment date. Participant may be asked to provide information and install energy-saving products prior to the official enrollment date.
- Receiving information via standard mail, email, or web portal related to your energy usage and suggestions of actions you might take to save energy.
- Installing and confirming installation of any energy-efficient products you choose to accept from Franklin Energy or claim as installed to receive program rewards points.
- Energy efficiency products must be installed at eligible residence.
NOTE FOR TENANTS: You understand that you are solely responsible for obtaining the property owner's written permission in advance of the installation of the product(s) for which you are applying for program enrollment. Your acceptance of these terms indicates you have obtained this written permission to enroll in this Program and will submit proof of permission upon PG&E's request.
Participant must meet these eligibility requirements:
- Participant household must be a single-family home.
- Participant must be a PG&E electric customer with an active Service Agreement Identification (SAID) number.
- Participant must have only one electric (and one natural gas if applicable) meter at the home.
- Participant must have resided at the registered address for at least 12 months prior to enrollment in this program.
- Registered addresses must be in an eligible zip code. Eligible zip codes are subject to change but typically include zip codes in and around the central valley.
- Participant may not have participated in other PG&E programs for at least 12 months between when they received payment or services from those programs and their enrollment in Home Energy Rewards. Programs may include but are not limited to: Home Upgrade (HU), Energy Savings Assistance (ESA), Energy Fitness, Mobile Home Direct Install, AC Quality Care (ACQC), Multifamily HUP Program, Cool Savers, the Home Energy Optimization program, or the HomeIntel program.
- Customers that have received a thermostat rebate from PG&E are not eligible for the program.
- Homes with solar electric production (solar PV) or an electric vehicle charging rate schedule are not eligible to participate in this program.
Participant will become ineligible for participation if any of the follow occurs:
- Participant installs solar PV.
- Participant adds electric vehicle charging to enrolled SAID.
- Participant moves out of the home.
- Participant participates in another PG&E program.
- Participant engages in a large remodel, adding more than 20% to the home's square footage.
The Program is offered as an alternative to other PG&E energy efficiency programs. Participating in other PG&E energy efficiency programs during the two years enrolled in this program will result in Participant disqualification from the Home Energy Rewards program and the forfeiture of future program benefits, including earned reward points.
Participant agrees to provide evidence, if requested, of installation of any product acquired through the program and installation of products or equipment claimed for program rewards points. By ordering products through the Program store, Participant agrees to install and use these rebated energy-efficient products solely in residential property registered with this Program.
Participant agrees to participate in customer satisfaction or program evaluation surveys conducted by or on behalf of Franklin Energy, PG&E, or the California Public Utility Commission, which may occur during program or after.
The Program offers services and optional energy-saving opportunities that may entail additional terms and conditions, and a SUPPLIMENTARY PARTICIPANT AGREEMENT.
This Agreement shall be governed, construed, and enforced in accordance with the laws of the State of California. The exclusive jurisdiction for any dispute arising out of or relating to this Agreement shall be the federal or state courts located in the State of California.
Franklin Energy and PG&E shall have no liability, and Participant covenants not to sue either of them, for anything relating to or arising out of Participant's participation in the Program. Participant therefore releases Franklin Energy and PG&E from any liability arising out of this Agreement and Participant's participation in the Program. Participant waives the provisions of California Civil Code section 1542, which provides as follows:
A general release does not extend to claims which the creditor does not know or suspect to exist in his or her favor at the time of executing the release, which if known by him or her, must have materially affected his or her settlement with the debtor.
The terms, covenants and conditions of this Agreement (and any additional site access forms) by the Participant constitute the entire agreement contract between the parties, and no understanding or obligations which are not expressly set forth therein shall be binding upon them. No modification amendment or alteration of this Agreement shall be valid unless it is in writing and signed by the parties. This Agreement may be signed in counterparts. Fax, e-mail and other types of electronic signatures are equally binding as originals.
Participant's usage information is based on actual billing information, together with publicly available information such as home size, home age and other information. Savings estimates provided on this Site are to help Participant better understand their energy usage. PG&E and Franklin Energy does not warrant or guarantee the accuracy of the information provided.
Participant is eligible to earn rewards points throughout the course of the participation period. Rewards points can be redeemed for gift cards during the participation period. Earned rewards points will be forfeited if the Participant becomes ineligible for continued participation.
Points are earned for achievement of certain activities and energy savings during the operation of the rewards program which expires two (2) years from your enrollment in the Program. Participant must accumulate a minimum of 1,000 points before redemption. 1,000 points is equal to a $10 electronic gift card from participating retailers. Upon redemption, Participant's rewards will be automatically debited. Participant must redeem points before the end of their two-year participation, at which time the offer expires. Participating retailers are not sponsors of the Program or otherwise affiliated with PG&E or Franklin Energy. The logos and other identifying marks are trademarks of and owned by each represented retailer and/or its affiliates.
Credit Card Statements
"AM Conservation Group" will appear on your credit card or bank statements for purchases made on this store.